Friday 29 January 2010

I saw a dog with stripes like a tiger on the way to the train station today. The men at the station were particularly helpful today, sometimes they're a bit grumpy. There were japanese people next to me taking photos of each other. At a train station. Odd. A homeless/drunk man came up to me and asked me if he was on the right platform to go to Woking. The conversation went something like this.

Him: "'Scuse me"
Me: "Yeah?"
Him: "I wanna go to Woking"
Me: "Ok...?"
Him: *stares at me*
A few seconds pass...
Me: "Well, I think you're on the right platform"
Him: "Are you sure?"
Me: "Well, no I don't work here, if you want someone who's sure you should ask a guard. "
Him: "D'you think you're being funny?"
Me: "No, I'm just being honest"

Then he sat down next to me on the seats and waited for a train to Woking. Thank god it was the next one that turned up...

Had another quite surreal moment today. You know when you see two clocks and they both tell different times? Well the two digital clocks on the platforms I was sitting between were about 40 seconds apart. You can't help but wonder what the philosophers of this world would write about that...Alas, I'm not one of their party, but it's worth a thought isn't it...

No comments:

Post a Comment