- Firstly, 3 posts from a blog that I've just discovered: Beautifully Invisible: The first post lists 10 women who make being curvy sexy. It lists women of all shapes and eras who are and were beautiful and who have such self confidence. A nice little inspiration! The second post is about being a US size 14 (UK 18) and shopping. How most 'pretty' and covetable clothes only go up to a US 10 (UK 14). Do you think this is unfair? The write of this blog certainly thinks so! The final post talks about Vogue Italia's controversial Water/Oil shoot. Personally, I agree that as much as it's great and has raised awareness, not giving readers prompt or aid to help as well as purposefully ruining thousands of pounds worth of clothes as well as the usual product placement you get in such magazines, I think this is a terrible way of making a statement. Vogue should seriously consider the repercussions of its actions. As well as the obvious that the money spent on ruining those clothes could've gone straight to the Gulf instead.
- Ballerina Project: Such amazing photos, made me wish I'd kept up the ballet more!
- Shopgirl/Emily asks whether Christina Hendricks is the attainable curvy role model she's billed to be.
- Sal from Already Pretty talks about what truly makes a person who they are. An interesting and inspiring read.
- My Milktoof is a blog that isn't updated half as much as I wish it were. It features 2 cute little plasticine teeth. Sounds weird, I know, but just do with me on this. The latest installment: The Art of Lardee
- Luinae from More Magic Always writes 'If I were...' and comes up with all sorts of lovely ideas and imagery. I'm going to have a go of my own soon. Read it, then tell her what you'd be :)
Hope you're all having a lovely week! It's my birthday tomorrow, so sorry if posting takes a bit of a hiatus over the weekend, I'll be too busy having a good time, promise ;)
Currently listening to: Phat Planet by Leftfield (the song from the Guinness Ad from all those years ago, if any of you know what I'm talking about)