Thursday 9 September 2010

Sparkles and curls and tights, oh my!

Last night, I curled my hair in pincurls using the tutorial at the bottom of the page as a guide (although I already have my own little setting pattern in my head).  I slept in it with a silk scarf over my head, which is never particularly pleasant, although much better than rollers it must be said, I've done that once. Never again, people. Anywhoo, this is pretty much what I looked like when I woke up this morning:

Photobucket


I mean, it's not terrible, but not the look I was going for.  Really, my hair's still too short for it to turn out the way I want.  So I ended up just sticking it up.  Also, I'm trying to grow out my fringe (or bangs, whichever word you prefer) so curlyness is pretty good for masking the growout. So I ended up doing a sort of updo pinned look, which I'll show you all another time.  I've actually got quite a lot of eyeliner on today, but you can't really tell, and the lipstick isn't anywhere near that red, silly photo, eh? (Also, my face isn't really a different colour from my neck.  more silly photo business, that.)

Photobucket



Photobucket

I don't know if you remember, but a couple of years ago M&S were celebrating 125 years of being a shop and they released a load of vintage-style dresses to commemorate each decade in the C20 that they'd been open?  Well, that's where I got this little beauty.  It's the most expensive dress I've ever bought in a shop, no lie (but it was less than £100, so don't panic!).  It's more flattering than the picture lets on, actually.  The only thing that lets it down is that it's dry clean only.  I handwash it carefully, but it takes FOREVER to dry because it's quite a thick fabric.  But hey ho, that's what you get for having a very pretty dress :)


Pincurl tutorial from Hollywoodnoirmakeup:

No comments:

Post a Comment